We offer you some simple natural remedies against stretch marks that will mitigate their effect, unfortunately keeping in mind that this skin blemish cannot be eliminated.
Stretch marks represent a blemish that particularly afflicts women, especially after losing weight in a short period, following a pregnancy or simply due to advancing age, and which tends to manifest itself on some parts of the body such as breasts . , thighs and buttocks.
Experts believe that they are mainly caused by sudden weight changes:
- in this case the tissues undergo sudden ‘stretching’ that cause the collagen to weaken .
- this causes the consequent appearance of the classic pink or white stripes on the upper layer of the skin of the arms, buttocks, thighs and abdomen.
If we want to experiment with natural remedies against stretch marks , in view of the costume test or other.
However, we must keep in mind that it is possible to prevent this imperfection , but there is no way to cancel it when it has already appeared.
How to prevent stretch marks
Loss of skin tone is the main reason for the appearance of stretch marks.
This leads to the rupture of the elastic fibers of the dermis, but it can be effectively counteracted, for example:
- with the practice of regular physical activity .
- adopting a diet very rich in vitamin C.
- eating vegetables in which there are high concentrations such as peppers and tomatoes, and vitamin E through fruits such as kiwis and oranges.
To stimulate the synthesis of collagen in the skin you can:
- take for 2 months of 500 mg of vitamin C (even through a supplement) per day or silicon , a mineral present in low quantities in our body, but necessary for the synthesis of collagen.
- also with the help of a diet rich in potatoes (20-30 mg per 100 g) as long as they are not fried
- integrating with some types of algae, such as red algae ( ithothamnium corallioides ), again for 2 months.
- even the use of simple lemon juice, concentrated in vitamin C, stimulates the body’s production of collagen.
To prevent these imperfections it is therefore necessary to maintain the elasticity of the skin through physical exercise, daily hydration and a correct diet rich in vitamins C and E.
Natural remedies for stretch marks
To deal with this annoying blemish you need to keep the skin elastic and hydrated, and you can count on numerous natural DIY cosmetics that are ideal for the emollient, moisturizing and toning action they play on the epidermis.
- Shea butter , for example, applied after a shower with a light massage, softens the skin.
- aloe vera gel is recommended to promote better skin elasticity thanks also to its rapid absorption which makes it easy to apply even on a daily basis.
Even oils can be a valid ally against unpleasant stretch marks:
- linseed oil , which helps the body to produce collagen, a fundamental substance for promoting skin elasticity.
- equally important is coconut oil , with its remarkable emollient properties.
- finally, sweet almond oil , very rich in vitamin E.
Anti-stretch mark oil recipe
You can also make yourself an anti-stretch mark oil that will greatly reduce scars. However, it is important to massage the thighs, stomach and breasts every evening.
- 10 ml of sweet almond oil
- 5 ml of rosehip oil
- 10 ml of jojoba oil
- 5 ml of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 capsules of vitamin E
- 3 drops of sandalwood essential oil
- 4 drops of geranium essential oil
- 3 drops of bitter orange essential oil
Preparation. In a glass bowl, mix all the essential oils and vitamin E and store in a dark glass jar with a dropper. At the time of the massage, take about 1 teaspoon of the mixture and spread it on damp skin, massaging until completely absorbed.
Finally, one last natural tip, for desperate cases, you can try a snail slime cream .
These are cosmetics prepared in pharmacies that contain natural snail secretions, which seem to repair and tone the tissues thanks to allantoin, collagen and elastin.
Snail slime products can also be found directly online:
Natural products for stretch marks: lemon
One of the most effective natural allies against skin stretch marks is lemon , which has a deep antioxidant and nourishing action on the tissues.
Combined with almond oil or aloe vera , lemon becomes the main ingredient of very effective homemade beauty treatments to alleviate this annoying skin blemish.
Freshly squeezed, it can be applied directly to the skin with gentle and continuous circular massages until completely absorbed and then rinsed off with warm water.
Together with the emollient action of almond oil, on the other hand, it becomes a beauty cream with which to massage the area to be treated for 10 minutes, perhaps before a shower.
In this case, just mix the juice of a lemon, some sugar and a few drops of sweet almond oil until you get a homogeneous paste.
To prepare compresses, however, simply mix the juice of a lemon with aloe vera gel or olive oil to obtain a paste to apply on stretch marks, letting it rest for at least 10 minutes.
Lemon accelerates the cell regeneration process, relaxing the tissues and deeply hydrating.
In addition, it facilitates skin whitening by making stretch marks less visible and stimulates the production of collagen reducing redness and skin spots.
Natural products for stretch marks: shea butter
Another precious ally in the fight against stretch marks as we have anticipated is shea butter .
It is a product that improves the appearance of the skin, especially if applied consistently on ‘critical’ areas. Used neat and lightly softened with your fingers, shea butter should be applied every day after a shower and gently massaged into stretch marks until completely absorbed.
Natural products for stretch marks: rosehip oil
Rosehip oil is also widely used to alleviate skin imperfections and soothe skin ailments. This oil is also a great help in improving the appearance of small scars.
Obtained from a wild rose also called ‘rose of Chile’, it has marked healing properties on the skin already known centuries ago to the native people of Chile who used it for the treatment of dry skin, the signs of premature aging, skin pigmentation spots. and solar ones.
Applied directly on stretch marks once a day, it is able to regenerate tissues in depth , improving their appearance and elasticity.
For the purchase it is better to contact your trusted herbalist and opt for a 100% organic oil without added additives, or select carefully the offers available online.
Natural remedies for stretch marks in pregnancy
We are talking about stretch marks in pregnancy, a blemish that tends to appear especially on the belly of pregnant women as early as the 5th month. It can be prevented with diet and sport, and in any case cured and limited with creams made with natural ingredients such as shea butter and sweet almond oil.
Stretch marks in pregnancy: when they appear
Stretch marks in pregnancy are imperfections that tend to appear around the fifth-sixth month of gestation (when the belly is now very tense), especially on the belly, but can also occur on other parts of the body, such as breasts, buttocks, thighs and hips .
These are streaks that form on the skin due to the stretching and breaking of collagen and elastin fibers, substances responsible for the elasticity of the skin tissue, with a color that varies from white to red based also on the color of the epidermis. Although often associated with the period of pregnancy, stretch marks can also occur in people undergoing sudden weight changes or in subjects of pubertal age.
How to avoid stretch marks in pregnancy
Before having to resort to strategies to mitigate these imperfections, it is possible to try to avoid or counteract their onset with some simple precautions:
- taking vitamin C , which stimulates the synthesis of collagen is a useful preventive strategy, therefore it is necessary to eat foods that contain high quantities , such as vegetables and fresh fruit.
- even seeds and nuts, rich in minerals, can be valid allies to tone the skin during the gestation period.
In addition to a healthy and balanced diet , pregnant women must also be very careful to ensure the right level of hydration , drinking at least 6-8 glasses of water a day.
In this way, even the skin can remain soft, supple and hydrated despite the notable changes to which it is subjected.
Other healthy habits, such as avoiding smoking and drinking alcohol as well as constant regular physical activity , allow you to avoid excessive accumulations of weight that risk promoting the onset of these small skin scars.
Stretch marks in pregnancy: natural remedies
Some natural substances prove to be excellent allies to counter these skin streaks during the gestation period.
In particular, some oils, including sweet almond oil, flaxseed oil and coconut oil , are known for their anti-stretch mark effectiveness thanks to the concentration of vitamin E in them.
These oils can be applied directly to the skin by making a light massage to distribute them.
Other natural remedies very useful to counter these unsightly marks on the skin are aloe vera gel , for its renowned moisturizing and soothing effect, and shea butter , extremely nourishing for skin damaged by stretch marks.