Foot care is very important for the body. The feet are one of the parts of the body usually most neglected: in particular, with the arrival of winter they are locked up in shoes and socks, enormously limiting their freedom of movement and perspiration.
Taking care of our feet is very important: they affect the whole body. The feet are a fundamental part of our body, we must take care of them and learn to manage any symptoms that can hide even serious pathologies.
Foot care begins with the attention we can devote to their cleaning and daily hygiene. If, on the other hand, we need more attention then we should contact
- pedicure for beauty treatments or to eliminate small imperfections such as corns
- podiatrist for all small and serious foot problems
Feet how to Take Care of them: Hygiene first of all
The first step to always keep your feet in good health and certainly take care of their hygiene properly.
- our feet need to be washed with warm water and mild soap every day.
- It is recommended to immerse them in water of 37 degrees as the body temperature.
- The soap is recommended with a neutral Ph that is not aggressive: they can also be washed only with water, perhaps with the help of a natural sponge, because washing them with too aggressive substances risks compromising the natural oily substances that cover the epidermis of the feet.
- Finally, after the daily washing of the feet it is advisable to dry them well because damp skin is likely to give rise to fungi or in any case is more prone to infections. In particular, the areas between the toes must be cleaned and dried well.
- In order for the feet to feel good, you must then use cotton socks, trying to avoid materials.
- The choice of the shoes to use is obviously fundamental: the shoes must have the right shape for the foot, comfortable and breathable.
Natural Foot Care
If you want to have well-hydrated feet, with elastic and toned skin, it is advisable to apply a natural moisturizer every night before going to bed, after having washed and dried your feet well.
During the washing of the feet, salt and essential oils of lavender , mint, eucalyptus , orange, thyme , rose can be added to the warm water.
Here are some tips to always have beautiful and healthy feet.
How to Soften your Feet
If the skin of the foot is dry, moisturizers based on natural elements such as calendula or aloe vera can be used .
Proper hydration is important because it serves to repel fungal attacks and other foot problems.
To soften the feet, after taking the foot bath, you can pat your feet with scrubs and exfoliating creams, which facilitate the elimination of dry skin.
Honey Softening Scrub
If the skin on the feet is particularly dry, perhaps due to perhaps too aggressive soap, it can be easily remedied with a honey scrub.
How to make a DIY honey scrub:
- mix together with the honey coarse salt, olive oil and lemon
- coarse salt will exfoliate and eliminate dead cells
- olive oil has an emollient and nourishing function
- the lemon eliminates any bad smells
Honey has soothing and restorative properties.
Coconut Oil Scrub
If you have very dry skin on your feet, you can make a coconut oil scub yourself for the feet care. Here’s how to prepare it:
Mix coconut oil which is very nutritious with sea salt which will help eliminate dead skin cells. With the oil thus obtained, massage the feet and heels.
Body Scrub with Himalayan Salt and Rice Starch
To revitalize and re-oxygenate the epidermis of the feet, a scrub can be prepared with Himalayan salt and rice starch. This solution soothes dehydrated skin.
How to Clean Shoe Stained Feet
Have you ever had stained feet from shoes? Sometimes when wearing new shoes it can happen that your feet get stained especially in summer because the shoes are made of sometimes colored leather and socks are not used.
To clean stained feet, a good wash in lukewarm water will suffice where bicarbonate and lemon will be dissolved
If the heel, perhaps dry, has remained a little more stained, you can help yourself with the pumice stone.
After the treatment, wash your feet thoroughly with mild soap and dry them well.
Because the Feet Peel
Sometimes the heels of the feet crack and it is a rather annoying imperfection from an aesthetic point of view but over time it can also become painful.
Causes of Cracked Heels
Cracked heels have multiple causes: often the heel cracks due to excessive rubbing, perhaps caused by unsuitable shoes or the use of footwear without socks.
There are many other factors that cause cracking in the heels of the feet:
- neglect : sometimes the heel is cracked due to excessive dryness of the skin and neglect. In fact, it would be enough to use moisturizing, emollient and nourishing creams regularly.
- swimming pool and sea : if you go to the swimming pool or the sea and the sand it can happen that the foot gets dry and crack.
- uncomfortable or poor quality shoes : the habit of wearing shoes without socks, or shoes with heels, or poor quality shoes can cause the formation of cracks, corns, calluses, foot injuries and local infections.
- walking barefoot : these are dangerous risk factors for foot health. Obviously, the powders that are trampled on the ground tend to dry up and irritate the sole of the foot, and increase the risk of infections, calluses and cracking of the heel.
- Use of harsh cosmetics : Using harsh soaps, excessively degreasing cleansing lotions or poor quality creams can cause cuts and abrasions in the heel. It is always recommended to buy natural products and soaps with neutral Ph.
Pathologies Related to Cracked Heel
There are more serious causes for cracked heel. here are some pathologies that cause it:
- skin diseases such as psoriasis.
- metabolic diseases such as diabetes: the diabetic patient is severely exposed to skin lesions affecting the feet, the so-called diabetic foot.
- obesity: the foot forced to bear abnormal and exaggerated work loads, cracks and cracks easily because it hits heavily against the shoe.
- athlete’s foot: contagious disease caused by a group of dermatophyte fungi. It is a mycosis that frequently affects those who attend public sports centers with a hot-humid climate.
How to Cure Cracked Feet
In the case of cracked heels, the injured skin must be treated so that the epidermis regroups without the discomfort worsening and turning into an infection.
There are many natural remedies for feet care recommended to treat cracked feet.
Paraffin for Severe Cases
If your heels are very cracked and painful it is recommended to treat them with paraffin: it will give immediate relief. It should be used regularly for up to two weeks.
Vaseline Against Cuts
Many hand and foot creams are based on petroleum jelly: after a foot bath and scrub you can pass a coat of petroleum jelly , then wear clean cotton socks so that the cream performs its action in depth. This method can also be used for chapped hands.
This remedy can be repeated every night before going to bed.
Cracked Feet Grandmother's Remedies
There are products in nature that help solve the problem of cracked heels. here are some homemade tips:
- Banana: to combat cracked heels you can use an overripe banana: it must be crushed until it becomes a pulp that is applied on the cracked heels and left to act for 10 minutes. The feet must be rinsed with hot water and then immersed in cold water: the treatment must be repeated for a whole week.
- Lemon and Pumice Stone: Lemon is known to have many healing properties, even if it burns a little. In fact, passing it on the cracked heel could cause pain but it is a valid remedy. after having passed the lemon, rinse with warm water and rub with the pumice stone.
- Onion : open an onion in half, add some salt and leave it to rest. Then rub on the heels and at the end rinse thoroughly to try to remove the bad smell. It is very effective against small abrasions.
- Tea tree oil. In case of micro-lesions and irritation, the use of tea tree essential oil is indicated : this oil disinfects and promotes the healing of small lesions of the skin of the feet.
Blisters on the Feet: what to do
The rubbing between the skin and the shoe can cause blisters on the feet.
The bladder consists of a bubble containing liquid (serum), commonly called a bubble.
If the bladder is small and not very painful, it should be left alone because it will dry out by itself and the epidermis will reform. In other cases it is better to follow some advice.
How to get rid of Blisters
To eliminate blisters, only if they are large and painful, first of all disinfect the part, then make a small hole with a needle and with the help of gauze let the liquid out.
The emptied blister will attach itself to the skin.
Then disinfect and cover with a tubular mesh gauze to let the part breathe. If the skin falls off, use a scar.
How to Cure Toenails
To take care of the feet and also make them aesthetically beautiful, it is necessary to regularly cut the nails for feet care.
The toenails must be carefully cut using special scissors: if you are unable to take care of your nails you can go to the beautician for a nice pedicure.
Nails should be cut straight with no corners or irregularities that can cut and scratch.
If the nails are not trimmed accurately, there is a risk of ingrown toenails that cause inflammation and pain.
After cutting your nails you can use the file to smooth them out and make them even more beautiful.
Nail Polish in the Toenails
After the cut and the nail file it is possible to apply a veil of protective reinforcing polish.
Nail polish is not essential for foot care but it certainly completes it: a beautiful, healthy and well-groomed foot is even more beautiful with nail polish.
How to Choose the Color of the Nail Polish
Choosing the color of the nail polish is important because it depends on several factors such as the shape and length of the nails, the color of the complexion or the dress.
- In the case of short nails, pastel colors and light shades are recommended.
- In the case of long and tapered hands, you can dare with metal and glitter or dark nail polish.
- If the fingers are long, pearly white, nude or light gray are recommended.
How to have perfect feet for the summer
To have even more beautiful feet, especially in summer, you can use tomato and orange which are used to make the skin color uniform.
Rubbing the tomato and orange on the skin of the feet helps to combat unsightly spots and even out the complexion of the skin.
How to do Foot Massage
Like all massages, even foot massages are recommended to be performed in a warm and relaxing place. It should be performed with moisturizing oil: first the oil is heated with the hands and then it is passed on the feet starting from the fingers, one by one, up to the instep and then the ankle.
The foot is the nerve center of all our senses: they are in the palm of the foot. For this, touching the palms of the feet will stimulate every sense and must be done with expert hands.
The foot massage has been performed since ancient times: the Egyptians already received this kind of treatments from figures in charge.
The Chinese are the people who brought the refined art of foot massage to the West, making the feet known as a reflexogenic area from which to restore the balance of the whole body.
What is Foot Reflexology
Foot reflexology is a discipline that originates from Chinese medicine: it consists in the targeted stimulation of certain points of the body crossed by what are defined as energy meridians.
In the foot we find the nerve endings that lead back to the whole organism: through a map they can be identified. The art of touching the right spot during a foot massage is called: foot reflexology .
Thanks to foot reflexology it is possible
- relieve headache
- relieve back pain,
- reduce stress,
- release the tension behind,
- calm cold symptoms.
There is also hand and facial reflexology.
Curiosities about the Feet
Who Loves Feet
Feet covered, cared for, enameled and adorned with splendid shoes that show the toes: for many adults the foot represents a real erotic attraction, it is called fetishism. For many men a well-groomed foot is synonymous with elegance but for some masochists it also becomes a symbol of female domination.
Who Hates Feet
There are foot phobics : basically those who hate feet, starting with their own. So no sandals even in summer, never without socks, little foot care which is often accompanied by profuse sweating.